Tuesday, August 25, 2009

take another little peice of my heart

Here's something that blows my mind--when you think you know something (about yourself, about someone else, about life...), then you come to realize you were 100% wrong. I'm not usually a stubborn or head strong person, but there a few things that require much coercion to make me change my opinion. Before tonight, one of those things was my keen dislike of Jelly Bellys.


Our kind (but sadly ignorant) neighbors gave us a 64 oz. jar of Jelly Bellys as a thanks for checking their mail for a week. Little did they know that we are the kind of family that generally turns up our noses at Jelly Bellys, except to eat the occasional Tutti Frutti, Black Licorice, or French Vanilla. Well, Fate couldn't stand by and watch a perfectly good thousand-or-so Jelly Bellys go to waste, so Fate sent us my two good friends. One who hails from the very birthplace of the Jelly Belly--Fairfield, CA. We sat at the counter talking, while the two of them blissfully grabbed hand fulls of beans. I was finally convinced to taste a caramel corn. ...And I liked it. Then I got more adventurous and had a Peanut Butter, Chocolate Pudding, French Vanilla, Very Cherry, Red Apple, Buttered Popcorn, Cream Soda... Soon I was grabbing into the jar and giggling joyfully with the rest of them.

My dislike turned quickly into obsession. Soon I was cruising the internet looking for more information on the delightful little candies. I came upon a website dedicated to creating Jelly Belly recipes. The only thing better than a Jelly Belly--four Jelly Bellys put together to create Rocky Road. Or hot chocolate or strawberry milkshake, PB&J sandwich, chocolate dipped strawberry, breakfast. So basically, I found virtual heaven.

But those Fairfield geniuses didn't just stop after they had created some fruity hits. They created a world. A world of flavor. Which includes....a line of Cold Stone Creamery flavors.


In the ever applicable words of Brian Regan, "Can life get any better? I submite that it can-not."

1 comment:

Lawsy said...

i'm glad you've seen the light.

how did i not know this blog existed until just now??