Tuesday, July 6, 2010

what are the odds?

When it rains in Texas, by george it pours. Though the rain comes down in torrents, storms don’t usually last more than a few minutes. NewTek is housed inside a very industrial looking building with a roof that is made out of some kind of material so that when it rains, when you’re in the building it sounds like you live inside a drum. It’s actually kind of cool. One day one of these storms came down at about noon. I’m inside at work. No big deal. Until. I feel a tap on the top of my head. I looked behind me to see if Paula or Lindsay decided to use a rather rude way of getting my attention. Negative. I turned back around and immediately felt another tap. Then I look up and realized—I was being rained on. Apparently, my desk has been positioned directly beneath one of the few rips in the ceiling of this football field-sized building. Seriously? And whenever there’s a torrential downpour, I’m going to feel it. Is this just a coincidence? Or are my co-workers ducking behind their screens and laughing into their hands while I go through Chinese torture? I don’t usually have really terrible luck. Maybe this is some kind of office initiation. Good joke, guys. Initiated.

No comments: